So far, the magazine is making people really happy. Which makes us happy. We’ve stopped allowing ourselves Champagne at lunch, but the happiness persists. Thanks to everyone for the great comments, suggestions, fan mail, etc. The next issue will be even better.
Sadly, the first issue was not without two errors. I’m always fascinated by the “Corrections” box, be it in the New York Times or the Podunk Banner — it’s a public pronouncement of an error and that seems refreshing somehow. But we do regret the following errors in the inaugural issue of Quilty:
- Judie Rothermel’s name was misspelled.
- We stated that the gorgeous Marcus fabrics in the Centennial Solids line were organic. This is not accurate. Marcus’ organic cotton line is in fact Oasis Canvas.
In hopes of helping smooth over the mistake, we’d like to point out the following:
- Judie Rothermel is really nice, really pretty, and lovely in every way!
- The Oasis Canvas line from Marcus is a perfect crossover weight for quilts, home decor, totes and more — and here are links to both of those Marcus collections:
- Centennial Solids: http://www.marcusfabrics.com/cgi-bin/fabricgallery/gallery.cgi?Category=22
- Oasis Canvas: http://www.marcusfabrics.com/cgi-bin/fabricgallery/gallery.cgi?Category=632
We do apologize, guys. It’s unbelievable how many times and how many eyes go over a magazine before it goes to print and STILL, sometimes there are boo-boos.
Here’s to zero boo-boos in your day!